Sunday, January 6, 2013

Me gusta a dormir

Today I finally got to sleep in! It was wonderful to wake up at my leisure with the sun and roosters greeting me.

I am still not feeling well, so I just relaxed today while my host family went to the market in town. When they came back, we had a lunch that consisted of white fish with a pepper/onion sauce, potatoes with parsley, rice, and steamed broccoli and carrots. My family tried to offer me ice cream, but I decided it would be best for my stomach to pass.

After lunch, I rested more.  When I woke up, I ate some cookies and then took some photos of the sunset from the roof. For dinner, we had a potato soup called locro with avocado.  It was yummy and my host mom said it would be good for my stomach. She then pressed more food on me, including mora (blackberry) jam and cookies and horchata tea.  The horchata tea wasn't the rice milk and cinnamon drink I was used to in the States, but a rose-like tea. I'm not really a fan of rose, so I think I like the other horchata I've had more.

When we were all done with dinner, we discussed the lack of information provided by GAIAS and IES about the program.  It was both relieving and frustrating that our host family was as confused as we were. I also showed my host family the photo issue of Montana Outdoors that I brought with me, and they really enjoyed the photos in it. Tomorrow I get to learn how to take the bus to campus, which I'm not entirely looking forward to.

For now, I am going to blame my sleepiness on the altitude and the sun.  Hopefully I have more energy tomorrow for Mitad del Mundo. Tonight I hope to get in a few more pages of The Origin before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment