Monday, February 18, 2013

Crabs! Birds!


Today I finally had some free time!  I had been really busy with class and writing essays for job applications, but now I'm done with that.  I have a final on Tuesday and a paper on Friday, but there will be plenty of time for that during the week.
I left my house this morning with my camera looking for some cool wildlife to photograph.  I took some photos on the beach across the street from my school for about an hour, and then lounged and tanned/burned for another hour or so before I decided it was too hot.
After lunch, I went to a different beach to take more pictures.  I was walking around barefoot and somehow managed to take some skin off of my pinkie toe.  Buuuuut! I also got to see boobies plunge diving in the ocean, so it was a pretty good day.  I'll go back again tomorrow with appropriate footwear and get some photos of the plunge diving.
When I realized I cut my toe, I decided that it was time to go home and take care of myself.  I realized how burnt I was--I totally missed my upper thighs when I applied sunscreen.  I went to three pharmacies in town, but none had Solarcaine or understood what a topical analgesic was.  It was really frustrating for me, but hopefully I'll be okay.  If not, I can always eat my feelings because the ice cream here is delicious :]


















baby marine iguana



finch!













hermit crab!



parts of a sea lion carcass 






















No comments:

Post a Comment