Sunday, February 10, 2013

Relatives of Dinosaurs: Mostly Birds and a Few Reptiles

My first week studying in the Galapagos has been very busy.  I've had class or field trips every day, so I haven't had much time to blog.  In this post, I'll include some photos of the wildlife (aka birds) that I've taken so far.

one of darwin's finches.  i haven't mastered identifying these yet

swallow-tailed gull: the only nocturnal gull in the world

marine iguana

marine iguana

galapagos flycatcher

frigate bird

cattle egret

frigate bird cleaning its wings in the only freshwater on san cristobal

blue-footed booby

Chatham Mockingbird

mixed boobies

masked booby in flight

masked booby chillin' on kicker rock

small frigate bird colony

blue-footed booby preening 

female frigate bird

blue-footed booby in flight

i'm guessing galapagos shearwater

blue-footed booby

san cristobal galapagos tortise



No comments:

Post a Comment